A little about this blog:

Unless you're my mom or grandma you probably stumbled across this page accidentally and are wondering, what am I reading? (That is...if you bothered to read at all). This is a blog about my Fall 2014 Semester at Sea Voyage. As you may imagine traveling around the world in a cruise ship with 600 other college students was a decent experience. Inside these rambling paragraphs I try to pass of as blog posts you'll find some cool stories, travel tips, and general insight on life (world travelers are incredibly wise, just ask us).

Disclaimer: You'll find some mild foul language in the posts. Cut me some slack, it's nice to write something I don't have to hand to a professor.

Friday, August 22, 2014

To the ship

Today's the day we get on the ship, I'm wicked excited. If definitely be more excited if I didn't get up at the crack of dawn but what an you do, and anyways nothing brings out my bubbly personality like jet lag and lugging giant 4600 pound duffel bags through London's tube system which has a surprising lack of "lifts" (elevators) 

A few fun things about my time so far in London 
-I didn't sleep at all on my flight so thankfully I had a screaming baby to keep me company for 6 hours 
-Virgin Atlantic gives out free booze
-I realized just as I almost fell asleep on the plane that I forgot my rain jacket! Yes mom, I know you told me to bring two 
-Just as I got over that I realized I forgot to pack my sneakers (who needs em right?) luckily our hostel was in the ghettos of London, classic me still in the ghetto, so I found a fairly cheap pair of "trainers" and now I know my foot size in the UK 

London actually was so awesome though and I'm severely depressed to leave but also happy because it's EXPENSIVE. People are also so nice here they saw my lost little puppy eyes and just knew I had no idea what the hell I was doing and were always open to helping point us in the right direction and to help lug my bags up thousands of flights of stairs. 

The first day in London I was sure I was going to die but after a nap I was a new person (those who know me know exactly how tired I must've been because I do not nap) we didn't do any sightseeing but we hung out in our Bentley friends' apartment they rented, they're also going on SAS... shoutout to Kira, Wes (our dad/photographer), Tyler, Catie, and Elena. They lived right in picadilly circus which reminded me of Times Square but with older buildings and slightly less people. I made my first LEGAL purchase of alcohol which was pretty cool and didn't get carded which bummed me out, but a big eff you to the people who say I look like a twelve year old. We went to a bar/club which was a ton of fun and made it back to our hostel safely, go us for being super responsible.

Our next day is much more family friendly, not that Thursday was too crazy (as far as you know). We decided to just be super touristy which was so much fun. We had a little bit of a late start thanks to the combination of lack of sleep and a late night. We again met up with our crew and set off on the tube.

We didn't want to pay for stuff so we went to 
-Buckingham Palace
-saw Big Ben 
-the London Eye (didn't ride it, long lines, expensive tickets, whatever), -took classic phone booth pics 
- went to the British Museum which might have been the coolest place ever I could've lived there for the semester and been happy and still not seen everything I would have wanted to see.. Here is me posing with a statue and the Rosetta Stone 
-then last we went to King's Cross because it would've been so wrong not to go visit my friends at platform 9 3/4, I of course repped my Slytherins 

For the night we just hung out in our friends' apartment because we had to be up early and going out would've probably caused us to miss our busses to the ship.

I've decided to try to get a shot glass and post card from every country hopefully that's possible. I'm also trying to shotgun in every country... Wait what? Family no you didn't hear anything. It was between that and a mugshot in every country so we decided the former was smarter, see? I'm already making smart decisions.

Okay the tube is almost back to the airport where we get on a shuttle to the ship. I'll try to update you guys with some ship life stuff and pix as soon as I can idk how internet/email will be once I'm there so bear with me. Apologies for the formatting of this post I'm on my iPod

DEUCES

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!! Have fun and stay safe, Nana

    ReplyDelete