A little about this blog:

Unless you're my mom or grandma you probably stumbled across this page accidentally and are wondering, what am I reading? (That is...if you bothered to read at all). This is a blog about my Fall 2014 Semester at Sea Voyage. As you may imagine traveling around the world in a cruise ship with 600 other college students was a decent experience. Inside these rambling paragraphs I try to pass of as blog posts you'll find some cool stories, travel tips, and general insight on life (world travelers are incredibly wise, just ask us).

Disclaimer: You'll find some mild foul language in the posts. Cut me some slack, it's nice to write something I don't have to hand to a professor.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I leave in a week, help (practice post)

This post is just me practicing to see if I can manage to post blogs through email since I'm about to spend 3 and a half months with no internet!!!

Since we're a week away from my flight to London, I'm pretty much completely ready to go with all my packing, shopping, and various preparation done (as evidenced by this picture I'm trying to attach if that works too)


If you decide to follow my blog throughout my trip aka if you are a member of my family, I promise I'll try to post regularly and I may even occasionally talk about things I do aside from consuming alcohol. Just kidding, I won't be talking about that at all (contrary to the name of this blog) there will likely be occasional profanity so viewer discretion is advised. It wouldn't be entertaining or like me if I wrote this like a school assignment.

As many of you already know this trip I'm referring to is my study abroad program, Semester at Sea. I embark from Southampton on August 23rd and I will be back in the good ol' USofA on December 8th. In between that time I will be traveling to 14 different countries. I will also be taking class. Sucks, I know I feel the same way. Here is our voyage calendar which shows the days we're in countries and which ones I'm taking classes.

I don't really know what to expect since I've never been out of the country or on a cruise ship so let's hope that I have a good sense of direction and don't get seasick. I won't really have access to a phone except occasionally in port when I have wifi and will be using Viber mostly to call my mom so she knows I'm not dead in a hole in Russia or something. I will have access to email almost all the time so please email me (victoria.hancock.fa14@semesteratsea.org) so I know what's going on in the world and your lives.

So that's all for now, stay tuned for updates on my experiences in countries, ship lyfe, and  who knows what else.

Feel free to comment and give me ideas of things you want me to write about too, I live to please the masses


7 comments:

  1. Tori, I am so proud of you! You have grown to be a wonderful woman who keeps all of us laughing and smiling. I will be keeping you busy with posts. Mary Waldron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck ! Have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are basically living zack and cody martins life, suite life on deck!haha. I know you will have the time of your life! Post a lot of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine wants to know how you're doing. Are you scared?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't w8 to read all this

    ReplyDelete