A little about this blog:

Unless you're my mom or grandma you probably stumbled across this page accidentally and are wondering, what am I reading? (That is...if you bothered to read at all). This is a blog about my Fall 2014 Semester at Sea Voyage. As you may imagine traveling around the world in a cruise ship with 600 other college students was a decent experience. Inside these rambling paragraphs I try to pass of as blog posts you'll find some cool stories, travel tips, and general insight on life (world travelers are incredibly wise, just ask us).

Disclaimer: You'll find some mild foul language in the posts. Cut me some slack, it's nice to write something I don't have to hand to a professor.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The day has arrived

Today's the big day, nobody from Bentley or Semester at Sea has called me yet to say they've made a massive mistake and I actually can't leave the country so I think we're good to go. I takeoff for London today at around 9:40 PM and we'll be arriving in London around 9:10 AM (4:10 AM here, really looking forward to the jetlag!!!) Since we'll be hopping around timezones for this entire trip I'm just going to give up on sleep for the semester and sleep for two months when I get home.

I've finally (over)packed so today is all about fun stuff like paperwork, eating everything in sight, and trying to get Sydney out of bed. We've decided that we are going to try to smuggle a cat onboard the ship so stay tuned for that. For those wondering, here is a picture of my home for the next few months:
The ship looks big and fancy, but realistically we'll be sleeping in a small closet next to the engine. We don't get onboard the ship until Saturday so we'll be blindly traveling around London for the next couple days, if you have any suggestions of fun things to do, see, and eat let me know.

Here is an accurate summation of my current feelings: When you are going on a roller coaster and it locks you in and starts moving and in your head you're thinking "Shit, what have I done, now I'm trapped and I can never get off this thing" But then you get off and you run right back in line because it was awesome. At least I hope the second part is true.

I probably won't post anything until I'm on the ship and settled in so wish me luck, I have to make friends on this thing. Thankfully I inherited my dad's outgoing personality so it shouldn't be too hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment