A little about this blog:

Unless you're my mom or grandma you probably stumbled across this page accidentally and are wondering, what am I reading? (That is...if you bothered to read at all). This is a blog about my Fall 2014 Semester at Sea Voyage. As you may imagine traveling around the world in a cruise ship with 600 other college students was a decent experience. Inside these rambling paragraphs I try to pass of as blog posts you'll find some cool stories, travel tips, and general insight on life (world travelers are incredibly wise, just ask us).

Disclaimer: You'll find some mild foul language in the posts. Cut me some slack, it's nice to write something I don't have to hand to a professor.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mother Russia

We have finally arrived in our first port, Russia. Stay tuned for a post about my time here probably Monday which is when we leave.

Today we awoke to some bad news about the voyage. Because of Ebola getting to Senegal, we will no longer be going to Senegal or Ghana. TALK ABOUT A BUMMER. I'm super upset but it's all about safety blah blah blah so I get it. We'll be going to two more European stops instead, stay tuned on what those are they told us we should know more info by Monday.

Today I have a field lab, which is basically a field trip for class. We have one for each class and we do a project on whatever we learn during it. The next two days will be filled with culture, sightseeing, finding myself, and TONS OF VODKA.

Here are some pictures of our cabin, the ship, and places I've studied. Now that I have wifi I can actually post them.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures, How is the food? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, guess as well as being a writer you could be a photographer. Is there no end to your talent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Forgot to sign my comment! Thanks again for the pictures. - lol Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tori thanks for the birthday present with the picture of mia have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool pics tori! Field trip awesome!!!�� did mom pack the meatball sub and can of cola!! Lol ur mom & uncle Larry will get that!! Luv ya Auntie!!!

    ReplyDelete